Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Posted by
Kosharrie
at
4:56 PM
list seven songs that you are into right now. no matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your summer. post these instruction in your blog along with your seven songs. - PS, I got this whole thing from TINY SMALLS.
1 - Over protected - Britney Spears
Yeah I know your saying "BRITNEY SPEARS?!". Read the lyrics
or listen to the song.
"Say hello to the girl that I am
You're gonna have to see through my perspective
I need to make mistakes just to learn who I am
And I don't wanna be so damn protected"
2 - Intruder Alert - Lupe Fiasco *
I had to put a star next to this one, why?
when I first bought this cd and I heard intruder alert I literally cried
replayed it again - cried.
"Vividly remembers every level of hell he's been to and the one that he's stuck in,
The one he can't escape, even though it's of his own construction,
Maybe you can relate, maybe you're one of those that just doesn't,
Maybe he doesn't care, loves to allow these demons to come in with no intruder"
3 - Superman - Brown boy.
I would just listen to the song when I was going through relationship problems
& hoping that I would actually find something like this
"See I came to save the day
A man like that should'nt treat you that way
And I don't understand why'd you take that route?
Look at yourself
Your beautiful inside and out"
4 - Trouble Sleeping - Corinne Bailey Rae
I love everything about this song, late at night when I cant sleep
I listen to this song & just look out my window singing.
"It's late and I'm feeling so tired
Having trouble sleeping.
This constant compromise
Between thinking and breathing.
Could it be I'm suffering
Because I'm never give in?
Won't say that I'm falling in love"
5- 16 at war - Karina Pasian
Now to me this song should go out to all 16 year old girls
"If my clothes ain’t tight, then he ain’t gon’ like me
Eyes on the prize so the next girl dress just like me"
6- Rooftops - Lost Prophets.
This was like our theme when we went out on rooftops during the summer.
lmao it was mad coo. I remember the first time we put it on we were smokin dutches.
This was our "lil theme"
"When our time is up,
When our lives are done,
Will we say we've had our fun?
STANDING ON A ROOFTOP EVERYBODY SCREAM YOUR HEART OUT"
7- Drift away - Magnetic North
This song has got to be my favorite song, I picture so much shit goin on
in my life when I listen to this song, from walking down the street alone blazin to it
or just a big ass smile on my face. I should of put this one first... anyways.
"And damn
I know it's just lyrics and beats
But lyrics to me are like infinite peace
And peace
Is what hip hop had brought me
Strumming my pain like it was "Killing Me Softly"
Killing me, but what a way to die
Overdosed on flows, comatose on rhymes
And I
Wanna drift away
Staying conscious enough just to hit replay, okay..."
Yeah I know your saying "BRITNEY SPEARS?!". Read the lyrics
or listen to the song.
"Say hello to the girl that I am
You're gonna have to see through my perspective
I need to make mistakes just to learn who I am
And I don't wanna be so damn protected"
2 - Intruder Alert - Lupe Fiasco *
I had to put a star next to this one, why?
when I first bought this cd and I heard intruder alert I literally cried
replayed it again - cried.
"Vividly remembers every level of hell he's been to and the one that he's stuck in,
The one he can't escape, even though it's of his own construction,
Maybe you can relate, maybe you're one of those that just doesn't,
Maybe he doesn't care, loves to allow these demons to come in with no intruder"
3 - Superman - Brown boy.
I would just listen to the song when I was going through relationship problems
& hoping that I would actually find something like this
"See I came to save the day
A man like that should'nt treat you that way
And I don't understand why'd you take that route?
Look at yourself
Your beautiful inside and out"
4 - Trouble Sleeping - Corinne Bailey Rae
I love everything about this song, late at night when I cant sleep
I listen to this song & just look out my window singing.
"It's late and I'm feeling so tired
Having trouble sleeping.
This constant compromise
Between thinking and breathing.
Could it be I'm suffering
Because I'm never give in?
Won't say that I'm falling in love"
5- 16 at war - Karina Pasian
Now to me this song should go out to all 16 year old girls
"If my clothes ain’t tight, then he ain’t gon’ like me
Eyes on the prize so the next girl dress just like me"
6- Rooftops - Lost Prophets.
This was like our theme when we went out on rooftops during the summer.
lmao it was mad coo. I remember the first time we put it on we were smokin dutches.
This was our "lil theme"
"When our time is up,
When our lives are done,
Will we say we've had our fun?
STANDING ON A ROOFTOP EVERYBODY SCREAM YOUR HEART OUT"
7- Drift away - Magnetic North
This song has got to be my favorite song, I picture so much shit goin on
in my life when I listen to this song, from walking down the street alone blazin to it
or just a big ass smile on my face. I should of put this one first... anyways.
"And damn
I know it's just lyrics and beats
But lyrics to me are like infinite peace
And peace
Is what hip hop had brought me
Strumming my pain like it was "Killing Me Softly"
Killing me, but what a way to die
Overdosed on flows, comatose on rhymes
And I
Wanna drift away
Staying conscious enough just to hit replay, okay..."